Governor Mifflin High School recognizes the need for students to be skilled and competitive in today’s global economy. We know the lessons learned in the classroom will be tested once students leave high school and enter into a post-secondary education or career. Therefore, we believe there is no more important time than during a student’s high school education that they have the opportunity to experience an industry first-hand to begin developing the skills needed to pursue a path toward the future. As a school district, we enjoy many community partnerships and are surrounded by countless opportunities and expertise. We're tapping into the vast resource that is our community to work together to educate, inspire and empower the next generation of industry leaders.
Do you have an internship opportunity for students? Contact us!
Governor Mifflin High School students are eligible to take part in the internship program during their junior and senior year. Students who are interesting in pursuing an internship, should talk with their guidance counselor.
INTERNS WILL BENEFIT FROM...
- Hands-on experience in a field or career of interest
- Work experience to bolster a college or job application
- Help in selecting a college major or career
- Applied skills ready to meet the modern workforce
- A flexible school schedule to accommodate internship demands
SUCCESSFUL INTERNS WILL...
- Assist in customizing their internship experience
- Work closely with the program coordinator and community partner
- Help develop expectations, responsibility, and a work schedule
- Meet the deadlines for reporting back to the internship coordinator
- Represent the Governor School District well by demonstrating high standards of citizenship and professionalism